MISSION 2 : PRODUCT

---
I successfully presented my research with my partner today. I spoke about some of the different types of online harassment; bandwagon hate and cancel culture. I analysed and tracked a trolling hashtag using "TAGS." I found reasons why trolls might do what they do and why we keep using social media even though we are vulnerable to online harassment.

For my research, I used Twitter to analyse hashtags and "TAGS" to track #/HalseyIsOverParty.

However, if I were to redo this mission, I would branch out to other platforms to see if trolling differs between them. I would also track multiple hashtags so we could get a variety of results from more than one group of users.

I found this mission gave me an insight into the mind of a troll. People online can be unpredictable because they feel powerful hiding behind their screens. I wanted to see how far some are willing to go for a laugh.

Comments

Popular Posts